Common Problems A Clogged Gutter System Can Cause
Clogged gutters cause a lot of issues that might lead to bigger problems if not addressed immediately. Some of these commonly known issues are listed below.
- Cracked House Foundation – clogged gutters cause water to settle around the house’s foundation and walls that cause them weaken. This will result in cracked walls and foundation on the house.
- Breeding Ground for Pests – stagnant water on clogged gutters can be a breeding ground for insects like mosquitos, wasps, termites and other pests that might endanger you home and your family.
- Unwanted Slips and Falls – a gutter system that is clogged might cause leaks on any part of your home that might lead to slips and falls.
- Flooded Basement – One of the most common problems clogged gutters cause is a flooded basement. If the water from the roof has nowhere to go, it will flow to the lowest part of your home, and that is your basement. Eventually, it may cause a lot of complications.
- Damaged Patios and Landscapes – Water spills caused by a clogged gutter system can damage your patios and landscaped lawn.
- Rotten Doors and Windows – Wooden doors and windows will quickly rot when exposed to water for a long time. With a clogged gutter system, your doors and windows are easily exposed to stagnant water and water spills.
Getting A Professional Gutter Cleaning Service
When it comes to cleaning your gutters, it is recommended that you get a professional to get the job done for you. To avoid accidents and to be sure that your whole drain system is thoroughly cleaned. Gutter cleaning and maintenance companies will send highly trained workers to address your drain issues. Not only cleaning them but they would also repair any damages on your gutters.
Trained professionals that are equipped with different methods of cleaning the gutter system and tools. They will first assess the situation and see what method will be the best to get the job done. These professionals can handle residential and commercial establishments.
Essential Tools for Cleaning Gutters
Professional gutter cleaners are equipped with knowledge and experience on how to clean gutters properly. However, they also need tools to get the job done. Without tools, they won’t function efficiently and safely.
- Ladder – When it comes to cleaning gutters and sewage systems, one essential tool used by professionals is the ladder. There are lots of modern tools that can be utilised without a ladder, but nothing beats the old school way.
- Grabbing Tools or Scoop – Used for removing any debris on the gutter. Debris that will clog the system causing water get stuck. There are many types of grabbing tools; it can be the manual type or the modern electronic type.
- Pressurized Water Equipment – Used for dislodging debris inside the waterspout. It can also be used to get rid any debris that stuck on the gutters.
- Compressed Air Devices – The purpose is the same with the pressurised water tool, however, sometimes it is better to use depending on the situation.
- Vacuum Tools – This tool is used to suck anything out that might clog the gutter system.
There a lot of modernised tools and equipment used by professional gutter cleaning experts. Equipment innovated for more efficiency and convenience, modern equipment that are designed to handle any types of obstacle might come at hand.